Thursday, October 26, 2006

Love that dog, by Sharon Creech

Do you like reading poems? If you do, you will love Love that dog. The book is about when Jack tries to make a poem and then starts learning how to make one. I liked this book because its like a boy talking to a teacher. For example, it starts:
      SEPTEMBER 13

      I don't want to
      because boys
      don't write poetry.

      Girls do.

Jack at first doesn't like poetry, but then he reads some cool poems at school and he even writes his own. At the end of the book are some of the poems Jack read at school. I really liked reading the poems, but I want them to be right next to the notes that explain about them in the story. My favorite poem was called The Apple. My favorite part of the poem is when it says

yum yum wormy worm yuck yuck yum yum yum
yum yum wormy worm yuck yuck yum yum

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a great book, too. I have it on my list to read now! :D

sarahsmiles said...

I love, Love, LOVE this book!